This item has been shown 155231 times.
SBC CHEVYTURN KEYSTAGE 5.2HYDRAULICROLLER CAM427CUBIC INCH ENGINE628 HP& 580 lb. FEET OF TORQUE @ 4900 RPM.STREET ROD SETUP.RUNS ON PREMIUM PUMP GAS.
Pictured below is our turn key engine with the single plane intake. The second picture further down in the add shows it with the optional dual plane intake. We also offer these intakes with a polished finish as an upgrade.DARTSHP BLOCK WITH SPLAYED MAIN 4340 SCAT4.00STROKE FORGED CRANK, AND 6.0 SCAT COMPETITION SERIES RODS, AFRFULLY CNC'D ALUMINUM HEADS.
THE ENGINE IS COMPLETE AS SHOWN FROM CARBURETOR TO OIL PAN.EDELBROCK PREMIUM PLUG WIRES ARE INCLUDED BUT NOT INSTALLED.
Pictured below shows the engine with the dual plane intake manifold. Polished finish also available as an upgrade.
Introducing our Turn Key Stage 5.2 Roller cam 427 cid 628 hp engine.
OUR 427 AT 4.125" BORE X 4.00" STROKE ENGINES ARE QRP RATED.
- DART SHP BLOCK WITH SPLAYED MAIN CAPS. COMMONLY USED IN ENGINES BUILT TO 800+ HORSE POWER.
- AFR FULL CNC'D ALUMINUM ALLOY HEADS 75cc COMB. CHAMBERS 2.08/1.60 VALVES.
- HOWARDS BILLET STEEL ROLLER CAM AND TIE BAR STREET STRIP ROLLER LIFTERS. A CUT ABOVE THE OTHERS.
- SA GEARBILLETTIMING SET WITH TORRINGTON BEARING AND ROLON CHAIN 9 KEYWAY. TOP OF THE LINE.
- SCORPIONRACE SERIES ROCKERS 1.5 OR 1.6 RATIO. THESE ARE SCORPION'S BEST ROCKERS.
- NEW EXCALIBUR SERIES SCAT 4340 FULLY FORGED STEEL NEUTRAL BAL. CRANKSHAFT. 800+ HP RATED, CLEVITE HP, (HIGH PERFORMANCE SERIES) BEARINGS. BALANCED ON OUR CWT BALANCER TO BELOW 2 GRAMS.
- SCAT COMPETITION SERIESRODS 7/16 ARPCAP SCREWS. CIRCLE TRACK PROVEN. 700+HP RATED.
- WISECO PREMIUM FORGED PISTONS. 800+HP RATED.
- QUICKFUEL DOUBLE PUMPER CARB WITH DUAL METERING BLOCKS.
- MELLING M-SELECT SERIES OIL PUMP WITH M-SELECT DRIVE ROD.
- CHAMP CUSTOMOIL PAN WITH OIL CONTROL SYSTEM.
- ALUMINUM WATER PUMP WITH ALUMINUM IMPELLER.
- ATI SUPER DAMPERSFI RATED
- TWO YEAR WARRANTY.
This engine is designed for street/strip use. Premium pump gas friendly.
Two year warranty, see details below.
This engine is designed to have a high level of drivability, or street manners. Cams #3 and #4 are our favorites for offering exceptional low end and mid range performance plus max drivability without needing to deepen final gearing or the need for a high stall speed torque converter.
If you choose to go with the Hurricane single plane intake and the first choice cam with 1.6 rockers, it will bring the hp numbers up to approx.628. We do not recommend the single plane intake combined with cam choice 1 on any car that is over approx 3,200 lbs and/or cars with a steep (tall) final gear.
Please read the cam info provided below on the four cam choices before purchasing this engine. It is very important that you choose the correct cam and intake for your car and its intended purpose.
Here are a few good reasons why we think the 427/434 engine is a better choice than the 383 or 406 engine.
1. The 427/434 willaccelerate most medium to heavy cars dramatically quicker than the common 383's on the market. The main difference between a 427/434 and the 383 is that the 427/434 torque comes in much lower. The difference is so dramatic that you would estimate the engine to have a much higher horsepower rating than it actually has. If you're not familiar with the 427/434 engine, do an internetsearch on SBC 427 vs 383, and you will be convinced of the difference. There is no inherent weakness in the 427/434 engine when using a Dart high performance block. These engines are built to last. All parts used have much higher hp ratings than this engine is producing. The stroke on this engine is at 4.0.
2. The exhaust note that this engine produces is much deeper than that of any of the smaller cubic inch engines on the market. The difference is dramatic to say the least. The stroke on a 427/434 is at 4.0 compared to 3.750 that is used in a 383 or 406.
3. Thisengine can be installed in medium to heavier cars without killing acceleration, having todeepen the final gear, and needinga huge stall converter. Thisengine will accelerate a 3600 lb or heavier car much better than the 350 or 383.
4. Very low maintenance, decent drivability, yet costing only slightly more than building a 383 or 406 street rod engine. Horsepower will vary, depending on cam, carb and intake choice. You have up to four different cams to choose from, and two styles of intake manifolds plus two rocker ratios.
5. Longevity, reliability and low maintenance.You don't have toturn the engine to a critical rpm range to produce its max hp output. There is enginethat's as well built as this up to approx. 6,200 rpm. Our AFR fully cnc'd aluminum heads use very high quality hardware. The new Dart Super High Performance block would be indestructible if built to the power rating of this engine. The fully forged Scat crank and Scat Competition rods are rated well above this engine's output. The Wiseco Racing pistons are rated at 800+hp. The protection against detonation is at its highest with these type pistons.
6. Should you ever decide to sell your car, theresale value of a street rod with a 427/434 engine is very desirablecompared to those running 350's or 383's. No 383 can be built up to the level of a 427 while running pump gas with the same compression. The power and torque numbers down low in the rpm band are what make the 427 such an incredible engine, compared to the 383.
We do a full test run on every engine we build on a test mule. The engine is run for two intervals of 15 minutes each, and every possible issue is addressed. When you install the engine, you must verify that the timing is set at the correct value, and the fuel to air ratio must be verified. We also include an engine stand like the one pictured, wheels included, and an engine lift plate.
As of 9/15/2013 we completed installation of our brand new Super Flow 902S dyno. In the past, we outsourced our dyno work. We were unable to do the research and development we truly wanted, and this prompted us to make the $105,000 investment. It's been one of the best investments we have ever made. Every aspect of our engines can now be monitored, calibrated, and tuned. Best of all, we can now see what combos generate the best power, with consideration to drivability.
One thing we have noticed is that the de-tuned engines with different cam and intake combos certainly do have less top end horsepower than expected, but the torque increase in the low rpm range is much greater than in the higher horsepower setup. This increase in torque down low is what you want if you're sporting around on the street, rather than all out racing. The de-tuned version of this engine will also allow you to set the car up closer to stock and increase drivability to a very high degree. Throttle response is also noticeably better.
The build sheet is as follows:
Pictured below is the new Dart SHP block. This block is the absolute ultimate in quality, durability, and value.
Quick Fuel Brawler Race carburetors are machined and assembled by craftsmen right here in the USA. These carburetors work hard, just as their name implies - raw bare-knuckled performance that you can rely on. Brawler performance development started with a high flowing diecast aluminum main body and added purple billet aluminum metering blocks with the latest technology in air/fuel calibrations for today’s race engine demands. They also come with purple billet aluminum throttle bodies for superior durability and throttle shaft stability.
You have a choice of single or dual plane intake. The single plane intake (1st pic below) should only be used on cars that are very lightweight and have good hood clearance.
Dual Plane Intake shown below. This is a large runner dual plane intake. They make excellent mid range power.
Pictured below is the Edelbrock Performer EPS dual plane intake. If you're going with cam choice # 2 or 3 and require more bottom end power, we strongly recommend this intake. This intake offers incredible low end response and has excellent hood clearance for those installing this engine in a C3 Corvette with a non-cowl stock hood.
304 STAINLESS ALLEN HEAD INTAKE BOLTS ARE USED ON ALL OUR ENGINES.
Pictured below are some of our most popular valve covers. They are fabricated aluminum, and very high quality. You may select from any of the valve covers we have listed at no additional cost for your engine.
The satin covers below are by far the most popular.
RETRO STYLE FINNED. OUR SECOND MOST POPULAR CHOICE.
THE RETRO FINNED VALVE COVERS CONTRAST NICELY WITH THE CHROME AND POLISHED ITEMS.
OUR RETRO STYLE TALL FINNED VALVE COVERS HAVE BECOME VERY POPULAR. YOUR CHOICE.
Timing components: SA Gear 8999T billetdouble roller timing set.
Polished Aluminum Timing Cover.
High volume satin aluminum water pump with an aluminum impeller.
120 AMP ONE WIRE CHROME ALTERNATOR AND ALUMINUM BRACKET KIT.